Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Life Lessons



We all ask the question “what am I here for?” and shortly after try to answer the question in a day (or shorter for some). This is a question I have answered many times. Each time being a different answer lol. Some of us (definitely ME) like to try to figure everything out. Not just, “why am I here?” but… “Why am I here…if I’m here to do this, then how do I do it? where do I need to go? …Who do I need to ask? Once I’m done what do I do? …Is this really what I am here to do? Wait, was I wrong? …Should I start over? …And you get the picture. What ensues is a giant thought cloud that only hovers and makes for very gloomy days…

This summer, I am changing.

I don't have all the answers but...

I am learning to truly trust. To trust that there is good for me to have, that I have been given an amazing life altering message to share with the world, that, I have gifts to share, that I am truly loved, and it’s not conditional upon what I do or don’t do, I just am.

Trust can change you, you know? When hard times come it becomes very clear WHOM you trust and don’t trust. It is like an anchor for your heart. For a long time I had my anchor cast into my own heart but was convinced it was elsewhere. Even when I’d completely loose myself to frustration or fear in hard times, I was still convinced. But Trust does not produce fear. Now, that I have intentionally cast my anchor into the heart of God, I am changing.

Because I trust him, I can rest.

I don’t feel the need to spend hours in a thought cloud trying to figure out the “why’s” & “how’s” of life. Instead, I feel confident taking life day-by-day. I get excited about what each day will reveal and I am not afraid to make moves when I don’t know the answers.

 I guess that’s the thing about trust, huh? You’ve got to just fall backwards and know (keyword) that someone will catch you. We can’t catch ourselves.


Who will catch you?


ClassiCourtxo




Post your comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment